This afternoon, Mimi Clark (The Veggie Gourmet) from this morning’s Q&A is sharing her recipe for a Vegan Chocolate Chip Pizza Cookie! Enjoy!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pizza Cookie
Makes one 9 inch cookie. For a 6 inch pizza cookie, use a 6 inch round cake pan and halve the recipe.
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder (no space between baking powder and sugar)
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
1/4 cup Earth Balance® Buttery Spread, softened
2 tbsp. agave syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. ground flax seed + 3 tbsp. water (no space between water and chips)
6 tbsp. dairy-free chocolate chips
3 tbsp. dairy-free white chocolate chips, melted
9 inch springform pan, lined with parchment paper circle cut to fit pan, then sprayed lightly with vegetable oil
10 inch pizza box
Opt: 9 inch cardboard round
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, process sugar, Earth Balance®, agave syrup, and vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, whisk ground flax seed and water until thickened. Add to food processor and pulse to combine.
4. Transfer wet ingredients to bowl with dry ingredients and mix until coated (do not overmix).
5. Turn batter onto prepared parchment and press into flat round disc, extending dough to the edges of the pan. Scatter chocolate chips over dough and gently press into dough.
6. Bake 10 – 12 minutes until lightly brown around the edges. While pizza cookie is baking, melt white chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave, stirring frequently.
7. Remove cookie from oven and place pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Release spring on pan and remove sides.
8. Drizzle white chocolate all over cookie to resemble cheese.
9. While still warm, cut cookie into wedges with a pizza cutter.
10. Place parchment paper and cookie on cardboard round if desired. Transfer to pizza box.
Thanks for sharing Mimi! Comment on this recipe and you can win a coupon for free Earth Balance®!