- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 20 min
- Yields: 18 s
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Margarine
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Unrefined Sugar
- 1/2 cup Silken Tofu, blended
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups Unbleached White Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1. Cream together the Earth Balance margarine and sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and blend, then the tofu and blend some more. Pour in the coconut milk and blend until incorporated.
2. Add the flour, baking power and salt and blend until just mixed in.
3. Fill greased muffin tins, or cupcake cups about 2/3 full with batter.
4. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. When cupcakes are done, the top should spring back when lightly touched.
5. Coconut Frosting: Blend together 2 cups powdered sugar and 1/3 cup Earth Balance margarine. Add 3-5 Tb of coconut milk, a little at a time, until you reach the desired texture. Stir in ½ cup shredded coconut. When frosting the cupcakes, dip the frosted top in more shredded coconut.