- Prep Time : 60 min
- Cook Time : 45 min
- Yields: 8
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Earth Balance® Buttery Spread
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance® Natural Shortening
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- 5 cups Peach Slices, Fresh or Frozen.
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg, Ground
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, Ground
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup Vegan Light Brown Sugar
2. Allow the dough to rest in the fridge for at least an hour.
3. Make the bottom crust: Split dough into two pieces- place once half back in the refrigerator, and roll one half out to ¼â€ thick. It helps to work fast and keep the dough as cold as possible. Line pie tin with dough, tucking the extra dough on the edges under. Sprinkle some cornstarch on the bottom of the crust (about 1 T), to help absorb the extra juices from fresh fruit filling.
4. Prepare the filling: If using frozen peach slices, thaw partially before using. If using fresh peaches, peel and slice 1/4-1/2
5. Make the lattice top: Remove the other half of the pie dough and roll out to ¼â€ thickness. Use a pastry wheel to cut strips of pie dough, and arrange in a lattice on top of the pie. Brush some seedless jam (apricot, strawberry, etc.) on the edge of the pie shell to bind the strips to the bottom crust. Use a fork to crimp the edges of the pie after all strips are in place.
6. Chill pie in the freezer for 45 minutes to an hour.
7. Brush the top of the pie with seedless jam and sprinkle granulated sugar on top. Place on a foil lined sheet pan and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
8. After 20 minutes, place foil over the pie and continue to bake for another 20 minutes.
9. The pie is done baking when the filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown. Allow pie to cool completely before slicing, & enjoy!