- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 60 min
- Yields: 1
- 6 ounces mushroom mix or just fresh shitakes or oyster mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance® buttery spread
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cups collard greens, stems removed
- 1 butternut squash, seeded, peeled and diced in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
2. Add salt, pepper, garlic, water and vinegar and cook for another 10 minutes until liquids slighty evaporate. Liquids with thicken and slightly evaporate.
3. Place mushrooms in a bowl leavinga bit of mushroom juice in pan.
4. Add collard greens to the same pan and saute
5. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Chop squash and place in a medium bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper and maple syrup and toss well.
7. Pour squash mixture onto baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until roasted.
8. Remove from oven and place back in medium bowl. Add coconut milk and using an immersion blender or blender, cream the squash. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.
9. Divide the creamed butternut squash on 2 plates, then divide the greens between both plates and place on top of the squash. Finally, add the mushrooms on top of the greens.