- Prep Time : 25 min
- Cook Time : 30 min
- Yields: 24 s
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Earth Balance® Organic Vanilla Soymilk
- 2 1/2 cups vegan granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounce dairy-free cream cheese
- 6 cups vegan confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup Earth Balance® Natural Buttery Spread
2. Scoop out the berries and use them for another recipe and pour the remaining liquid in a glass filled with the Earth Balance® Organic Vanilla Soymilk. Stir.
3. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
4. To make cake, combine the all-purpose flour, 2 cups of granulated sugar, baking soda and sea salt in a large bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the strawberry milk, grape seed oil, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix on low-medium speed for 1 minute, or until combined.
7. Spoon the batter into a cupcake tin and bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly. Let the cupcakes cool before whipping up the frosting.
8. To make the frosting, puree 1 cup of chopped strawberries in a food processor. If there are still small chunks in there don’t worry, that makes it even better.
9. Combine the puree, confectioners’ sugar, Earth Balance® Natural Buttery Spread, dairy-free cream cheese and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in a bowl and mix on low-medium speed until fully combined.
10. Frost your cupcakes and top with the remaining strawberries.